I'm not anybody's blog-stalker, but I definitely enjoy my fair share of blog-browsing. And over the past few months of poking around on different blogs, I keep seeing these fun contests that people are doing. Win a cookbook. Win a babydoll. I've even seen a motorcycle giveaway!
Not long ago, I was reading a friend-of-a-friend's blog and saw that she was doing a giveaway for a signed copy of one of her favorite books and a t-shirt (it was awesome, by the way--I won't say anything else about it, because I may be sporting my non-win, purchased version soon). Seeing the fun she was having totally gave me the giveaway bug, so I thought long and hard about what I could actually give that would be worth the effort.
Although I have many a great book as well as some lovely SigEp t-shirts from college, I decided I might not garner much response from offering to give away a book full of highlights and dog-eared pages (with my own signature in it) or a t-shirt that's older than all three of my children combined.
What to do...
Then it hit me! I could do a photography session giveaway!! HOORAY!
So here's how it's going to work. To enter the giveaway, leave a comment on this post with your name in it (feel free to leave me a warm-and-fuzzy comment as well). In one week (Tuesday, June 23), I'll randomly choose one comment, and the person whose name appears in the comment will receive a free photography session (worth $100). PLUS, the winner will also get a $50 print credit from the session, so they can choose to have their favorite shots printed for free! And remember, I do sessions with babies, children, couples, families...you name it!!
Now for my favorite part...
I'm going to let you enter the contest twice! You can enter once for yourself and once on behalf of someone else.
Our family has found great joy in giving to various people and organizations, and I'd love for you to have this chance to give to someone in your life as well. To enter twice, make sure you put your name in one comment and your friend or family member's name in another separate comment.
Feel free to send a link to this post to your family and friends. The more the merrier!
The fine print:
1. Each person can enter the giveaway a maximum of two times (once with your own name and once with the name of someone you'd like to give the session to should his or her name be chosen).
2. The photography session will take place in the greater Birmingham area. As much as I'd like to visit your neck of the woods, I can't drag my three little ones all over the southeast for your session!
3. Only adults can enter the giveaway.
4. Warm-and-fuzzy comments make me happy but in no way increase your chances of being chosen.
5. Neither mine nor Josh's family members can enter their own names (although they're welcome to enter someone else to receive the session and prints!)
6. Questions can be directed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and my website is http://allisonlewisphotography.com should you want to poke around on there before you enter.
HAPPY COMMENTING! Ooh, how I love giveaways. :-)