Sunday, January 4, 2009

Is it time yet?

This is me (with one very sweet big sister!) around this time one year ago:

It would be a gross understatement to say that I was ready to deliver that little bundle of joy in my tummy. I had suffered through weeks of terrible pregnancy-induced insomnia that made me an absolute crazy person, and with two other children (who were only 3 and 15-months-old at the time), I wasn't doing much napping to catch up during the day either.

So imagine my glee when I showed up at my obstetrician's office for my 36-week appointment and began having contractions as I sat in the exam room! Having had weeks of early contractions with Jack, I tried not to get too excited about it, but my doctor wanted to play it safe, so he sent me home and told me to come back in a few hours to see how I was doing. So after three hours and one terrible decision involving a McDonald's chicken sandwich (if you know that story, you're cracking up right now, aren't you?), I was back with bags packed (just in case!)

The verdict? STRAIGHT TO L&D!!

Now Abby definitely gave me a run for my money in the delivery room. It took two-and-a-half hours of work before we met our first daughter. Jack, on the other hand, made his entrance in a mere 17 minutes!! You can imagine my thought process: 2.5 hours for the first...only 17 minutes for the second...at that rate of improvement, this baby will be here in around 23 seconds!!

Nope.

Have you ever heard that third babies can be rather unpredictable? I would like to go on record as saying that is absolutely true. It wasn't until after midnight that Josh was finally able to announce "IT'S A GIRL!"

It was a breathtaking joy to meet our new daughter, Isabel Mary Lewis. How precious is she?!?

Stay tuned as I'll be doing "Izzy posts" all week in honor of her first birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be honest. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the first picture. I thought you had found a clever way to tell us something, if you know what I mean - and I think you do!!!
Mom

Anna said...

i agree w/ your mom...i was a little worried! whew ;) and you do NOT look like you just went through labor in that picture. that is NOT fair! you look fabulous!