Monday, March 16, 2009

Long Overdue

With all the chaos surrounding the week Josh had his accident, I never got around to blogging about the great weekend we had had a few days earlier. Josh's dad and stepmom live in Connecticut, so we don't get to see them very often. But they decided to fly down in early February to meet the newest addition to their growing group of grandchildren, Ayda...
...so we took that opportunity to buzz over to Atlanta to visit with them as well. Uncle Greg decided he didn't want to stick around the house by himself, so he flew down, too. And not to be left out of a fun family trip, Aunt Jaci managed to convince Joe and Lori to fly her down from her college in Boston. Needless to say, Rebekah and Kevin had a packed (but very fun) house when we all arrived!

I don't know what I was thinking that day. My camera was the first thing on my packing list, and I did take it. But I only had it out for a few minutes! So I (the photographer) have a grand total of about ten pictures from our day together. Arrrgggghhhh! Oh well, here are some of my favorites from the few photos I got...





As you can see, Jack really had a great time with Papa Joe. Here they are when Papa Joe came to meet him for the first time...

...and then when Papa Joe and Aunt Jaci flew down to meet Isabel...

...which happens to be the same day that Aunt Bok and Uncle Kevin announced that Ayda was on her way!
(I had obviously gotten a little advanced warning, and I had the camera ready!)

But back to the trip, I was playing around with some new settings on my camera, and Jaci was kind enough to do a little modeling for me. Isn't she gorgeous?!?

We love you guys, and we'll see you this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures of Dad and Jack totally need to be framed. Such amazing pictures!

Love you all!
Jaci

Rebekah said...

ok this is really sad...I saw this post and just glanced at the first picture (of Ayda) and thought "oh what a cute baby. Wonder who it is"! AHHHHH glad I read on to realize she is MINE!!!!! My brain just isn't the same these days. Love the pics of dad and Jack though. So precious! See you in a few days. Love you all