Saturday, July 18, 2009

Man, That Lady Can Move!

My dad was coming in town for a coin show yesterday, so on his way, he dropped my mom off to spend the day with us. She came in with her traditional gift of "mufkins" (that's Jackanese for "muffins") for the kids, and then she spent the next 8 hours playing with the little ones who were so crazy-happy to see her (I got to visit with her a bit in between as well!)

My parents each have their unique and very defined roles when it comes to the grandkids. My dad is the chaser/swinger/tosser, and my mom is the cuddler/hugger/kisser. And she was acting her part very well yesterday, but as you can see from these photos, things quickly took a turn in a drastically different direction...


It started with a hug, but when she threw in a few giggles and tickles, things started to go crazy. And in no time flat, she was in an all-out sprint chasing the little ones around the house!


I don't know how long this went on...I just know that by the time it was over, my abs were hurting from laughing so hard. The thing is, just when I thought they were wrapping it up, Mom would do something like this...


...and the game would start all over again! It was a total riot seeing her explode out of the next room to surprise whichever little Lewis was trying to find her. Finally, they decided it was time to stop for a little break...


...and in no time, Crazy Sprinting Lady had changed back into the Nanny we all know and love. And cuddles, hugs, and kisses were had by all.



3 comments:

Anna said...

i love your mom! what a beautiful picture of the 4 of them!

Anonymous said...

Being a grandparent has got to be the most wonderful privilege in the entire world! I do love my little munchkins!
Nana

Aunt Libby said...

Allison, These are some of the best photos of Mary!! My sis looks so happy and beautiful playing with all her sweet little GRAND babies!

Love, Aunt Libby