Friday, October 10, 2008

My daily "therapy" :-)

Today's update? In a sentence: Today started out badly, but it ended great. Josh and I were both able to get some sleep last night (granted, I fell asleep in a puddle of tears in Josh's arms), and I woke up feeling a comforting peace. When I came downstairs, though, Josh was in a very different place. It's so neat how God uses us in different ways at different times. I crumbled late last night, and Josh reminded me of the truths we know...that God loves us and will protect us through this storm. And as I mentioned, Josh was struggling this morning, and I had the joy of holding him as I prayed for God to strengthen him, give him wisdom, and fill him with a peace that made no sense amidst this turmoil. My greater joy, though, was watching God visibly answer that prayer more and more every minute throughout this day.
And can I please say a bit about the amazing character of my precious husband?
To do so, I need to explain a little about the circumstances of his "departure" from Enterprise. Josh and I are choosing not to go into the actual details of what happened because that could lay the groundwork for bitterness and resentment to creep in. But what I will say is that Josh devoted close to seven years to the company as a leader who worked every day with honesty and integrity. Unfortunately, though, his job loss was collateral damage that came from a poor choice one of his employees made several weeks ago. That employee was also fired from the company, but rather than allow him to feel responsible for our family's current situation, Josh called the man today and assured him that he was in no way angry or upset with him. Josh also took that opportunity to share with him that God was in control of our lives, that He cares for us, and that He has a plan in all of this. Do you see why I'm so proud of him? :-)

I've been sitting here staring at the computer screen trying to find the words to express our immense gratitude at the outpour of love we have experienced today. Obviously, nothing exceptionally special or eloquent came to mind, so to those of you who have called, sent cards, fed us :-), and loved us in many other ways, THANK YOU! We have said over and over today that we are so humbled in seeing this overwhelming show of love for our family. We are so thankful for each of you.

I think the big prayer requests for tonight would be continued peace throughout the weekend (we find a lot of peace in "doing", so I can see the tendency to struggle with a feeling of insecurity and helplessness as we wait for businesses to wake back up Monday morning) and a good outcome to Josh's meeting with the VP this morning (that was a good time for Josh, by the way). Josh was told that he could receive full benefits and partial pay until the end of the month...that would be a tremendous blessing (especially in light of the appointments we have next week with the pediatric immunologist for Jack).
Good night to all and thank you for praying,
allison

No comments: