Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What I Would Have Posted...

I sat down earlier to do a "Wordless Wednesday" post, but when I popped my photo on here, I just felt like it was missing something. It needed elaboration, so here's the story...

Isabel was having a bit of a rough night last night. Nothing was wrong -- she just needed some extra cuddling. Because of the wacky weekend, I hadn't even touched the session I had shot before we left town on Saturday, so I was trying to knock some of it out while the bigger kiddos were playing in the next room. Josh was inhaling some of his seminary reading, but I asked him if he could hold Izzy so my hands could be free (yes, editing in Photoshop is definitely a two-handed job!) And so this is how they sat...


Pretty sweet, huh?

And now, I figure since I've already blown the "Wordless" part of "Wordless Wednesday", I might as well go all out. So here's a rundown of the day's events...

We started our day by meeting some friends for a little get-together at my mentor/friend, Angel's, house. I didn't take my camera inside for fear of losing it to a curious two-year-old who wanted to know what happens when Nikon meets water, but I did grab this shot of Transportation Row...


As I stood in the middle of the pool surrounded by the bobbing heads of twenty-one children from five families, I told Angel that I felt like I was in that scene from Titanic right after the ship sank when Kate Winslet looked around her and saw nothing but the ship's passengers floating in the water (in a much less tragic way, of course). I'll try to bum some photos to share later.

The kids had an absolute blast, and Abby's still trying to figure out where Mrs. Angel bought that "hooge" pool.

After a quick change, we booked it from the pool party to Abby's new ballet school. There were many things that I liked about her previous class, but I couldn't get past the few things that I didn't care for. So we talked to several friends and decided to move her to Briarwood Ballet this year. Their mission statement says that they're "committed to serving God by offering quality instruction in classical ballet and dance education within a Christ-centered environment."

What's not to love?

Briarwood has an excellent reputation in dance instruction, but more importantly, they strive to honor God in how and what they teach the girls who dance there. And Abby's surprising love of ballet definitely hasn't let up!

Speaking of my weekend session, I'm behind on posting photos. Again. Here are a few of my favorites from a recent session with the Ward family. I don't normally post names, but Cam is running for the State Senate, so I imagine he'll take all the free campaigning he can get!

I've got more photos to share from Saturday's session, but they'll have to wait until tomorrow. If I don't stop in the next 3 minutes, my "Wordless" Wednesday post won't go up until Thursday. So good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Abigail she looks SO sweet in her ballet outfit!
Nana

Anna said...

love that sweet ballerina! and what a priceless picture of Izzy and Josh! precious! love ya'll!