Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday in our family. After fine-tuning the plans, we finally figured out the perfect "formula" for Thanksgiving, and it's a tradition that's been going on for a few years now. The day starts at Meme's house (my grandmother) with a potluck dinner for all of my mom's side of the family. And this year was extra-special because it was the first time in several years that every single member of the family was able to attend. Between sick little ones, overseas deployments, and work obligations, we haven't been able to celebrate all together for a while now. So I'm thankful for the special time we had together this year!

Perhaps the biggest breakthrough of this year came when Isabel suddenly decided that someone other than me could touch her. Actually, for a while, she was skittish if someone besides me even looked at her. And honestly, it was like someone flipped a switch on Thanksgiving Day, and she was cuddling with all sorts of family. Here's the proof...


I'm sure you're thinking "Isn't that Josh? Isn't that her own Daddy?" Yes it is, but if I was within her sight, not even Daddy would do (until Thanksgiving, that is!)

From Meme's house, we headed over to Josh's family's house in Marietta. This is where the serious Thanksgiving tradition kicks in! We always take it easy there on Thursday night, but the women of the family wake up at an hour that is in no way worthy of being referred to as "morning", and we hit the malls!!!!! Yes folks, I'm one of those women. :-) Now there isn't even a hint of madness in our shopping (unless you consider waking up in the 3:00 hour to be madness!). It's just loads of fun and family traditions.

Abigail and her cousin, Natalie, got to enjoy a second annual tradition this year...riding the "Pink Pig" at Lenox Mall in Atlanta.

GrandPam and PaPaw treated them to a couple of loops around the track...and Jack got to experience it, too. I was worried that Jack would get weepy when the train went out of our sight, but GrandPam assured me he would be fine. And which one of us was correct? I'll let you be the judge. This is what we saw when he rounded the corner...

Izzy wasn't quite ready for the infamous Pink Pig, so she hung out in the carrier...

...until she fell asleep. She's definitely a third child! I would have NEVER had Abby snoozing in the middle of a crowded mall during Thanksgiving. :-)

I pray that you all had a weekend full of thanksgiving and rest. Our family has spent a lot of time thanking God for everything He has done for us...we are so blessed.
Love,
allison

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad I finally got to see a picture of the infamous "Pink Pig". Now Abigail and I can both know what's being talked about when she is excitedly telling me about her Pink Pig adventure! :)
Mom

Anna said...

what a great family picture! :) yeah for izzy! maybe she and addie can even "play" the next time we're all well. it's fever today...so many tears! going to get vicks plug ins as soon as she wakes up...well, that would be after she gets to sleep! love you!