Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Boys' Night Out

Josh and Jack headed downtown last night to enjoy some father/son time at the UAB basketball game. When they first got there, Josh said he thinks Jack was experiencing a little sensory-overload with the lights, the band, the cheering crowd, and especially the super-scary really energetic mascot, Blaze.

But he warmed up quickly, and he was apparently the object of attention and affection from some of the fans sitting around him! All in all, they had a great night, and Jack really enjoyed his first basketball game with Daddy...except when they went anywhere near Blaze, in which case he made the "If-I-don't-move-maybe-he-won't-see-me" face:

On a very different note, I know many of you pray fervently about concerns that we write about, and I have one that I would like to mention on behalf of some friends. They found out this morning that their unborn child has a potentially life-threatening syndrome.
We often have difficulty reconciling the picture of a gentle, loving God who allows the children He loves to walk through such painful times. But just as my children trust me without question to protect them and do what is best for them, I trust my Heavenly Father's sovereignty in my life. I trust Him to love me (Rom. 5:8), protect me (Prov. 2:8), and do what is best for me (Rom. 8:28). 2 Samuel 22:31 says "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him." We may not understand His movement in our lives, but the Bible assures us that His ways are always loving and faithful (Psalm 25:10), just (Deut. 32:4), holy (Psalm 77:13), and righteous (Psalm 145:17). This family loves God, and I know they trust in His ways. Please join with me in praying for them daily.
And pray for healing for their sweet baby, and praise God for the ways in which He hears and answers our prayers.

No comments: