Sunday, October 24, 2010

life: as it really is (why makeup should be non-negotiable)

i'll probably regret posting this, but it just makes me laugh so hard that i wanted to share the giggles.  when josh and i celebrated our tenth anniversary last month, we took a few photos to commemorate our special day.  this was one of them...


my precious husband insisted on having a copy of what he graciously refers to as his "smokin' hot wife" so he could put it in his office.  i had the photo printed, and he sweetly put it by his monitor.  now fast forward to this past week when i was in a continual routine of coughing my lungs up, putting them back in place, and then starting the cycle all over again thanks to a nasty bout with bronchitis.  i gathered my wallet and keys and walked downstairs to tell josh goodbye so i could head out to the doctor.  he stared at me with a look of pity, but there was a curious little glimmer in his eye as well.  finally, he placed something in my hand, told me to stand still, and took this:


and that, my friends, is life: as it really is.

6 comments:

Libby said...

I see the same beautiful girl I call my friend in both pictures. No makeup needed! Love you, Libby

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

What disturbs me about this is other than the wind-blown look and the mug shot scowl, there is no difference. Your skin is beautiful, all the time. And yet I still love you.

Allison Lewis said...

lib, that made me smile. and LL, black and white is very forgiving. :-)

Giann said...

I have to agree with LL...you really look no different!

Anna said...

i agree w/ all the other comments. you're beautiful in BOTH pictures...because your inner beauty shines through a face with or without makeup! but i REALLY hope you're feeling better and have gotten some rest! love you!

The Taylors said...

Bah, hah, hah....if you aren't careful you are going to have your own Braveheart hair! =O)