Monday, October 5, 2009

Overheard At Our House Today...

Abigail at dinner: "Mommy, I want to be as strong as Daddy. Can I have more vegetables, please?"

Abigail in the car: "Oscar [from Sesame Street] is really grumpy. I bet he wants us to do bad things like Satan does."

Jack during playtime (clearly stuck on the Oscar/Satan analogy): "Satan isn't nice. He doesn't have a mommy."

What can be learned from our children based on these questions and statements:
1. We have apparently fooled Abigail into thinking Josh is strong solely as a result of eating lots of vegetables. Which is ironic considering Josh doesn't particularly care for vegetables. (Abby is standing beside me chanting I want more carrots! I want more carrots! as I type.)
2. Make sure you don't display a bad attitude around Abby. You'll quickly be labeled as satanic.
3. Mommies are the cure for all evil in the world.

As you can tell from my lack of posting over the last week, things have been super-busy around here. I've got lots of fun to catch up on, so I'll be back with a blogging-vengeance soon.

Maybe.

But before I go, let me share one last tidbit that Jack threw in while I was doing this post: "Mommy, can I please have my fish oil?"

Sure buddy...would you like some Brussels sprouts with that?

No comments: