Thursday, May 14, 2009

Park Play

Since Mother's Day was tied up with ballet slippers and tutus, we were excited to get to meet Josh's family halfway in Oxford for an impromptu playdate and dinner the day before. From the second they saw her get out of the car, the little ones kept GrandPam busy running all around the park...


They raced in the car...


They dared to wrestle the ferocious periwinkle dinosaur...


And they soared to incredible heights on the swings...


We were thrilled to see little Ayda for the first time in a couple of months. I say "little", but she's already trying to crawl, and she isn't so little anymore (as evidenced by those adorable chunky legs)...


All of the crazy activity might have been a little much for Ayda and Grandma, so they enjoyed a little quiet time to themselves.


But it wasn't long before Josh swooped in to grab a little Ayda-time for himself! Josh doesn't remember much from his three-day hospital stay after his accident, but one thing he does remember is cuddling with Ayda right after his surgery. It was the best medicine!!



Izzy wasn't quite as on-the-move as the big kids, but she had her fair share of fun as well!




My favorite picture from my first Mother's Day is a photo of Abigail, me, my mom, and my grandmother together at my grandmother's house. It's such a neat shot of four generations together in one room! So I wanted to make sure that Rebekah had the same shot from her first Mother's Day, too.



As you can tell from this slew of photos, the kids had a blast!!








But I think GrandPam had the most fun of anyone. Surrounded by her grandbabies is her favorite place to be!!!


A Happy Mother's Day was had by all!

1 comment:

Anna said...

so sweet! i love the one of all the girls!