Friday, May 15, 2009

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

And we've waited a long time to announce that...

(can you hear the drumroll?)

Isabel is finally a walker!!!!!!!!

And considering she was one week shy of turning 16 months old, I think it's fair to say that it was time.

She started out pretty slow, and we really had to work at convincing her to "Come here, Izzy! Come here!!" (Of course, I don't know if I'd be very receptive to being spoken to like a puppy dog either.)


She played dramatic coy for a while...


...or gave us nothing more than a teaser.


But finally she gave it her all, and she was up and moving (and then back down again!)


Our favorite Izzyism when it comes to walking is her seriously overactive right leg. It's running a marathon while the rest of her body is trying to take her very first steps.


She takes a spill here and there, but she always hops back up and tries again.


We have this goofy tradition around here that started way back with Abigail. I'm not sure exactly how it got going, but we don't put shoes on our little ones until they're walking. I think the teeny tiny shoes for infants are adorable, but I've never been very good at remembering to put them on.

So at 16 months old, I'm proud to announce that Isabel is finally wearing shoes. And she looks like such a big girl!!

No comments: