Thursday, September 13, 2007

To Grandmother's House She Goes...


Tonight Abigail is spending her first night away from home (and away from Mommy and Daddy!). GrandPam (Josh's mom) invited her to come for a visit and to attend Sesame Street Live at the Philips Arena. Since Abigail is a big Elmo fan, we knew she would love the show and would have a great time visiting with GrandPam, Aunt Bok, PaPaw and Grandma. We met at Chick-fil-A in Anniston this morning to "hand her off", and contrary to Josh's expectations, I didn't shed a tear (even in my pregnant state!) It was so great to see her hopping in their car with a big smile on her face.


Abigail called us tonight to let us know what she had done since arriving in Marietta...we heard all about baking pumpkin muffins (a staple at GrandPam's house), visiting TCBY for "banilla" yogurt, and taking a bubble bath in the big bathtub. It sounds like she's having a blast!!


Jack is doing better today. Abigail had croup last week, and Jack came down with it Tuesday night. I ended up in the ER at Children's Hospital with him yesterday morning because of breathing problems. We have been so pleased to see how quickly he is bouncing back. We think he's missing Abigail, though, because he keeps looking around the house for something. He knows she isn't here, and he misses his big sister!


Baby Lewis is kicking all the time! Each time the nurse has listened to the heartbeat, she has commented on how active the baby is, because it keeps moving all around. We might be in trouble when this little one isn't contained in my tummy anymore!


I think that's all for the Lewis updates. I hope you are all doing well!

2 comments:

Julie Shaw said...

Yea for Abigail! It is so fun to go to the grandparents house. It sounds like she is having so much fun. Austin loves spending time at my mom and dad's, so much that when we got home from SF I went into get him up from his nap and I was expecting a big hug and a MOMMY and instead I got I Don't WANT TO Go HOME MOMMY!! Oh Well!! I hope Jack is feeling better! Talk to you soon!

rebalynne said...

She is growing up! Love ya'll!
Aunt Lynne