Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It had to be done...

The day has come. The hour has arrived. Yes folks, Jack got his first haircut. I have been thinking for a while now that it was time for a little trim, but Josh kept holding out (isn't that usually the other way around)? Well, a couple of days ago Josh announced out of the blue that he thought we should go ahead with it. So I did it. I thought up a fool-proof plan that involved strapping him into the booster (can't get away), outside (easy to clean up), with a tray full of cereal (great distraction). The plan worked beautifully, and now Jack is down a couple of pounds of curls. I sound like this was a very non-emotional experience for me, don't I? Don't be fooled. Part of Jack's "precious-ness" comes from his head full of blonde curls. He is such a sweet little guy, and this seemed like a major "big boy" moment for him. I gathered up the scissors, fought back the tears and chanted: IT HAD TO BE DONE!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My little buddy is looking all grown up all of a sudden! But, I love the new look as well. You did a great job mom!
Nanny

Anna said...

awwwww...what great pictures! he's so handsome but still so very cute and precious! :)

Anonymous said...

Allison,

Jack looks adorable! He really looks like a "little man" now!

Love, Aunt Libby

The Weathers Report said...

Those curls are precious! I would have cried. He is still so cute and still has some curls! Great shots and thanks for sharing the occasion!

Anonymous said...

I am already dreading the day I have to cut Harrison's hair! Those pics are precious!! What a handsome little man!
Alicia

Sherry Strickland Faucett said...

I do believe he looks even more adorable now! He is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.